Monday, 14 March 2011

Modular Space Board

I had the idea over the weekend of creating a modular board for space battles using Starblazer Adventures. Now in SBA you move and fire according to 'zones'. These aren't like squares on a board exactly, being larger and irregularly shaped depending on the environment. So a small system might have a few open space zones, an atmospheric zone or two and maybe a couple of moons, also zones.

Now in effect these zones do function like squares being used for range etc. but they are not 'squares' per se, if you see what I mean?!

I had a go at hand drawing some, and they were pretty awful, no actually very awful, art really isn't my strong point (otherwise I'd have other projects I would have a go at, good grief!). So I've put a call out on the SBA forum, hopefully some helpful sole will point me in the right direction.

Funnily enough I've just twigged that I could use stock space art, maybe even from the Hubble telescope. This is something to pursue if nobody comes back perhaps, mind you even if I got the art required I lack a decent program to create what I'm after (MS Paint is it unfortunately!).

I don't know, maybe some SBA angel will heed my call and do the hobby a real favour!

Until next time Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment