Thursday, 3 March 2011

It's a start!

Well, this is my new blog, so how about introductions?

Me

I'm Steve, I've gamed for most of my life, first with things like the much loved Milton Bradley boardgames HeroQuest and Space Crusade before Space Hulk and Advanced HeroQuest and books like the Fighting Fantasy series. Around this time I was introduced to role-playing "proper" with a wide variety of games, systems, and settings from the traditional to the indie, to Games Workshop war and skirmish games (never really got introduced to any others, I guess that's what comes from living in a cul-de-sac the UK).

This blog

If you're anything like me (and I sincerely hope not!) then you have a multitude of competing ideas swirling around your head at any given moment. This blog I hope is going to be my cathartic exercise. The reason I want to do this? Well, beyond the fact this will hopefully free my brain for certain endeavours, I think some of my ideas are good, and though I cannot make use of them myself, someone else out there might take them and polish them up a bit (OK a lot!) and get some real use out of them.

So what sort of thing can you expect? I'm not exactly sure at the moment, musings, links, adventure, campaign, and character ideas, RPG design thoughts, solo playing and a thousand other things possibly. Hopefully it will be the sort of place to drop by now and again and see just what has disgorged from my game addled mind.

If for any reason you use some of these ideas, particularly if they go well or not, or you are so inspired you'd like me to assist with a related project please get in contact, I'd be delighted to help where possible.


Until next time Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment