Tuesday, 3 January 2012

The Phoenix

Rise from the ashes my beauty!

It's alive!

Yes, I've decided to resurrect this blog. Unfortunately for those fans of LTL, I've decided to park John Regent for the present. I'll still be exploring solo role-playing although I'll be taking a more Mythic approach.

So what have I done since abandoning this blog?

Well, I've started the Fan Made FU Yahoo Group. It's going quite strong with a steady trickle of new subscribers and some interesting debate.

Secondly I've got in on the act somewhat and made a FU Pirates hack. It's pretty much a homage to Sid Meier's Pirates with a few bits taken from here and there and melded together. It's a pick and mix of gaming styles and something that adds more to FU in general as well as pirates in particular.
As well as the Yahoo Group I've also uploaded it to RPG Geek as this seemed the best place for central storage as well as driving traffic to the FU RPG Geek page (well, hopefully anyway!).

So what can you expect in the future?
Hopefully something semi-regular (I can't commit to every week but will try).

Solo play reports. I intend these to be overaching summaries rather than detailed blow by blow, line by line accounts.

Variety. I have so many ideas for various solo plays that I think the best approach is short one shots of all of them, and if one really grabs me I might run it a bit longer. I think this is one of the strengths of the solo play experience, I can do what I bleeding well like.

Setting and rules thoughts. I'll probably espouse some inane drivel about how I'd do something and what I've enjoyed recently (or not of course).

Links. I will start cranking out links to lots of wonderful sites you may well know about or have no idea existed. I intend to give a little detail about each, but we'll see how it goes.
Well as for the rest, we'll just have to wait and see, for myself as much as anyone else.

Until next time Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment