Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Half century

I made it to the half century mark! And roughly with 2000 views too, which I am really quite pleased with.

I still haven't got to playing my GTA solo, Olympics fever here in the UK is running pretty high, along with our medal count, lots of investment in sports coaching and sports science together with publicly funded athletes (with some UK lottery money thrown in too) is how it's been done. Of course whether this investment continues beyond the Games is another matter, I think we wanted to 'peak' for our home games.

Anyway I didn't really want to spend my 50th post just on real life. Perhaps I should try and precis my current situation:

Solo RPing - I have a stack of settings waiting to be mown down, as I'm sure you well know.

Solo RPing rules - I'm still trying to tinker with these as time goes on, based on FU and playing cards. I could still throw it all in the air though and revert to Mythic, just not yet.

Good vs Evil - this is the current name for my Superhero Card Game. I have a post lined up all about this, but the half century trumped it, you'll see it soon.

Danger League Pocket d6 Edition - my thrust together Danger Patrol Pocket Edition and Danger League (superheroic Danger Patrol hack) meld, with added spice, again a post 'in the queue'.

Campaign Path - my name for an idea about system-less campaigns in the style of the much vaunted Savage Worlds Plot Point campaigns. Currently cooking on Supers regarding (fairly) recent comments on RPGnet about there being no good Supers campaigns (and being on a very rare for me Supers kick). Others bubbling away in the back of my mind/notebook.

Witch Hunter: the Card Game - another card game I'm mulling over, killing supernatural beasts with a whole host of possible cards and card types.

UFO Chain Reation - An X-COM/UFO bolt on campaign system to be used in conjunction with Two Hour Wargames Chain Reaction 3.0 ruleset. A lot's there just need some time to iron it all out and spot the gaps.

Knight Errant - my name for a Barbarian Prince style freeform map roaming solo adventure game with added extras. Again sort of reasonably advanced just needs more time.

Dungeon delving - either a modular boardgame or a card game, with the possibility of lots of additional supplements/add-ons.

Random tables - appropriate tables for generating everything you need for a solo or zero prep sandbox in many genres, system less for full versatility. Could be subsumed into the Campaign Path idea.

Inspire a Generation - OK I've nicked the Olympic tagline but in this context it means getting my kids gaming. I have now adapted the standard Danger Patrol rules to work as a rules light introduction to RPGs for my young-ish girls. I intend going the whole hog and using minis, scenery, funky dice etc. It helps that my eldest is currently on a musketeers high, I'm hoping to grab it and use it to introduce her to RPGs a bit more. As always just a couple of things to sort out, the main/only one being making character illustrations in Heromachine to make into paper minis to represent them.

Writing - I've always convinced myself that I can write a decent story, I just need to find the time to settle on one of my various ideas and actually write the damned thing (actually to flesh out all the whole-ish plotlines, and subplots, I have already written).

Anyway, so these are what are swirling around my head competing for my work drained synapses. Sometimes I think if someone finds my (quite frankly many) notebooks in the future they'll think me either a genius, mentally deranged, an English eccentric or a Devil worhshipper (possibly all four).

If any of these grab your attention, or you want to lend a hand please let me know, I am a very unfocussed sort but with a push of other's support any or all of these could see the light of day. I'm not averse to making (and sharing) money from any of them, but frankly I just want to share them (for the undoubted adulation of the gaming public?! Or something like that).

Until next time Steve

2 comments:

  1. Campaign Path and Knight Errant sound very intriguing!

    I know what it's like to have many "projects" vying for one's attention. I'm right now torn between a mash-up of existing RPGs, getting a clix campaign going with my newest pieces, and creating new historical armies on magnet paper for my fridge. When so vexed, I take comfort in the fact that it is better to have too many possibilities for fun rather than none at all. (Still vexing, though.)

    And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. +$3,624 profit last week...

    Subscribe For 5 Star verified winning picks on MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals!!!

    ReplyDelete