Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Dungeon Delving


I thought I’d have a go at an RPG dungeon crawl (no time for my miniatures rules yet!), however I just cannot take them seriously so I thought, I know what I’ll use Risus!

Of course none of this fits in the three examples I gave in my last post, but that’s just the way my mind works unfortunately!

I’m going to rely on a ton of random tables, some of which I bashed together for another game, and some available online, I’ll try to post which I use as I go but I’m no means infallible. So without further ado, here’s my character:

Steinhoff the barbarian

Northern barbarian of Kodran the Colourful's tribe banished for flatulence [4]
Wine, women and song [3]
Outdoorsman [2]
Smartass [1]

From the Megaversal Omnigroovy Background machine:

You aren't of this Earth
A new religion or philosophy caught your attention
You took some lessons

A little re-arranging and:

Part of the Northern barbarian tribe of Kodran the Colourful, no-one really knows where I came from, but I was taken in and dubbed Steinhoff. They taught me everything I needed to know about barbarianhood but I wanted to know more, so I secretly took lessons from the tribe's sage. The sage opened me to new experiences and I soon learned of liberal-ism. It was this philosophy, and that maybe you should just let go when you feel the urge, rather than wait until the traditional post drinking game when the element of danger is increased, that caused my downfall. I was feeling bold one day and let out a rip-snorter in front of Kodran, my confidence was misplaced and it only brought me untold shame amongst the warriors, exiled, I now roam the lands looking for mercenary work. With my trusty broadsword, a song in my heart, an eye for the ladies, an unslakable thirst and a dragon-shaped birthmark upon my buttocks, perhaps now I can try and trace my origin.

I start in the City of Doomed Mystery, and my initial goal is from The Adventure Matrix - Ordinary goal: Impress the girl (I decided Steinhoff was too new for a girl, so it is someone else hiring people to impress the girl).

Tools used:
Names courtesy of the Everyone Everywhere List (Viking)
Last cliché courtesy of the Risus Companion (The Last #@!% Cliché Table)
Background courtesy of the Risus Companion (The Megaversal Omnigroovy Background Machine)
Adventure premise courtesy of the Risus Companion (The Adventure Matrix)


Until next time Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment