Friday, 21 June 2013

Reader alternatives

So, this isn't quite the post I promised. Real Life has really intruded recently so I've not got the chance to finish up my last article (it's nearly done so I could just push the button, but I like to make things as good as possible).

Anyway, I have pootled along with Google's Reader aware there must be alternatives, and just tried out InoReader, but it's driving me mad! It's just not as good, I can't see the most recent posts at all. I've also read some use a Reader plug-in to get their data so they are probably not going to work come 1st July.

So blogging community what have you made the switch over to, and what is as similar to Reader as possible?

Any help appreciated!

Until next time Steve

3 comments:

  1. I moved to www.feedly.com (feedly) a few days ago. I have checked a few out a few months ago and none were that great. But last week I went back through them and feedly now have a view that looks just like the Google Reader; if fact I like their interface better!

    There are others that I have read are good alternatives e.g. OldReader, but feedly is the one for me.

    They have just finished (or about to finish) migrating all feedly user subscriptions over from Google Reader to feedly (before last week they were simply replicating the google reader subscriptions, now they have copied them over) but if you don't mind a manual export and import you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using Feedly since I heard the Google reader demise announcement. It's okay, for some reason I had trouble connecting to the server yesterday, but for the most part it works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the OldReader. Very simple interface with very few bells and whistles. Does what it needs to do and not much more. I like it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete